Robert R. Harrison
Robert R. Harrison focuses his practice on regulatory compliance, licensing and accreditation, medical staff governance and organizational ethics. As an attorney, he has advised national health care companies, academic medical centers, community hospitals, life sciences companies, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and a wide range of individual and institutional providers. Prior to attending law school, Robert served in a variety of academic and administrative capacities in university medical centers and community hospitals, including seven years as an Assistant Professor at the Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine and ten years in management positions at university hospitals and investor-owned health care organization.
Robert holds a graduate degree from the Medical College of Virginia at Virginia at Commonwealth University, is an honor graduate of the Saint Louis University School of Law, and holds a Master of Laws in Health Law with a concentration in regulatory compliance from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. He holds a Certificate in Health Care Ethics and has doctoral study in research ethics at the Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. Robert has been an Administrative Fellow at the University of Maryland Medical System, a Visiting Fellow in Health Policy at the United States Senate, and a Health Law Fellow at the Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy at Loyola University Chicago, where he concentrated on regulatory compliance studies. He is certified in Health Care Compliance and Healthcare Privacy Compliance.
Robert’s past national leadership positions include serving as Co-Chair of the National Practitioner Data Bank Work Group for the American Health Lawyers Association and as Chair of the Health Law Section for the Federal Bar Association. Currently, he is Vice Chair of the American Health Law Association Medical Staff, Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group, serves on the Ethics and Discipline Committee of the Utah Supreme Court, and is a member of the Board of Governors of the American Academy of Legal Medicine.
He is the author of more than two dozen publications on issues in health care and health law and is a frequent speaker at regional and national conferences. Robert is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and a Fellow of the American College of Legal Medicine.
Education & Admissions
- Graduate Study in Ethics, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago
- LL.M. in Health Law, Loyola University Chicago
- Regulatory Compliance Concentration
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law
- Honors Certificate Health Law Studies
- M.H.A., Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Tenth and District of Columbia Circuits
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Health Lawyers Association (Life Member)
- American College of Legal Medicine
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- Health Care Compliance Association
- American Society of Law Medicine and Ethics
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- National Association of Medical Staff Services
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Harrison is the author of more than two dozen publications on issues in health care and health law, including book chapters, journal articles, and professional association publications, and is a frequent speaker at national conferences.